Friday, November 19, 2010

The Relationship Shot

makes me happy.


This morning I got out my good camera (Canon EOS10D) in hopes of capturing a few shots of my wee niece Edison.


While I did manage to get a couple sweet ones, our time together kept getting interrupted by...


these two!

These two hams who couldn't even sit still for one second because they were having too much fun goofing around with each other.


Which got me thinking about an interesting fact I just read in John Medina's Brain Rules for Baby.

The book was discussing a 75 year study on what made people happy.

And, after 75 years of extensive research the findings could be summed up like this...


"The only thing that really matters in life are your relationships to other people."


That's right. Not even money made the cut.

"Money increases happiness only when it lifts people out of poverty to about the mid-five figures. Past $50, 000 per year income, wealth and happiness part ways."


Can I still call this one the money shot though?

Happy, happy Friday!

1 comment:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

You all make some cute babies!