Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trick Photography

makes me happy.


I recently began eating toast with tahini on it.

I've got this thing for having a warm slice of toast after I get the Byrd down for her nap around 11am. I like to make my toast and sit down at my computer and check a few of my favourite blogs. It feels truly luxurious.

For a while I was putting a few slices of cheese on it. Next I was putting just a little butter. Then when I went to pick up a new jar of tahini to make hummus with I noticed it had a drawing of a toaster and toast with, what I suspected was, tahini on it. So I thought why not? I mean it is loaded with calcium, iron and fibre and I like sesame seeds.

Well, it's a bit of an acquired taste on toast but, I've actually grown to really enjoy it. I'm able to do that often with foods I know are good for me. Nothing says pizza to me like a bowl of steamed broccoli on the side!

The funny thing is, the next time I was grocery shopping I went to grab some almond butter to make cookies with and the jar I grabbed was from the same company that made my tahini and it just so happened to have... the same picture of a toaster and toast with... almond butter on it? Or was that tahini? It looked remarkably similar. What the snaps?!? Did they dupe me or all their nut butters truly apropos for toast?

Sheesh. Well I'm hooked now.

Unless of course I choose to give into the wild fantasies I've been having about ketchup(!) these days and just spread that all over my body toast.

3 comments:

Kwil said...

oh man, i am such a sucker for toast with just about anything on it!!! mostly a really great raspberry jam with an old cheddar... but tahini.YESSS

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I like tahini in the place of peanut butter for a change of pace in pretty much everything. Sound like your tastes are changing a lot these days. Hmm...

Ginger said...

I used to eat ketchup sandwiches as a kid! :)