Thursday, March 17, 2011

Salad Season

makes me happy.


Anyone else have a salad season and a soup season? I thought so.

My soup season generally runs October thru February and my salad season March thru September.

Yay salad season!

So here she is, the inaugural salad of the 2011 season...

1 orange pepper chopped
1 yellow pepper chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 stalk of celery chopped
4 green onions chopped
1 tomato chopped

* toss everything together in large bowl

dressing

1/2 lemon squeezed
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons of tahini

* whisk together in a smaller bowl
* then pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly
* next divide dressed salad between 2 serving bowls

top each salad with

1 tablespoon of pinenuts
1 tablespoon of chopped almonds
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of goats milk feta

* crack some fresh black pepper of the top and voila!

Proving Homer, Bart and Marge wrong... You can win friends with salad!

2 comments:

BuenoStyle said...

I love so many things about this simple post. I love that we have the same "seasons". I love that you don't even have lettuce in the salad ingredients. I love that you used nutritional yeast (I think people are afraid of it, but it is *so* delicious in salad dressing!). I love that you topped everything with seeds and nuts! It's not a salad without cashews or at least almonds in my opinion. And last, whew, a tip; cooked quinoa tossed in (hot or cold) makes everything just a bit chewier and heartier. Yay salad!

...love Maegan said...

I want that salad right now!!! You won me, lol ;)