Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth

makes me happy.


Here's a story for you.


This afternoon Kevyn decided to join Byrdie and I on our trip to the grocery store.

I love when he joins us because him and Byrdie run around and have fun while I get the shopping done.

At one point in our journey, I believe it was in the meat section, we came across a 'Slippery When Wet' sign. You know, one of those yellow folding floor signs.


Well the Byrd loved it! She kept crawling through it and sitting under it, pretending it was her house. Kevyn was there, yukking it up with her, so on I went to the dairy section. A couple minutes later in the frozen pizza section I heard a cry. And you know how you know your kid's cry? Well the cry I heard was Byrdie's. But it didn't make sense that she would be crying, after all, she was safe and sound with her daddy?!?


As I would learn a few moments later, in the health food aisle... it was.

She was devastated when daddy pulled her away from her yellow caution sign house and began to cry.


But on the crying went.

On, and on, and on, and on.

Very strange. Byrdie doesn't usually suck out for very long. Hmmmm.

So I'm rushing to finish. Byrdie's crying away. And Kevyn is acting kind of weird.


Finally we're at the cash out when I take Byrdie in my arms. And as Kev unloads the goods on to the belt and suggests I check her left arm to see if it's moving?


"CHECK HER ARM TO SEE IF IT'S MOVING?!?"

"WHY WOULD HER ARM NOT BE MOVING?!?"


"Well, when I took her away from the slippery when wet sign I swung her around by her arms to get her mind off it and I may, or may not, have heard a pop." Kevyn replies.


Sure enough, she's not moving her arm.

I'm speechless.


Back at home I rush her over to my mom's to get a professionals opinion (a professional mom - that is). Outlook... uncertain.

There was more crying. Lots of cuddling. Some massaging. Still, she wasn't herself.


Until daddy came over and knelt down to see how she was doing. As he stood up and stepped back, still feeling horrible and hopeless, Kevyn tripped over Cashius' paw and tumbled backwards, ass over head.


Silence. Shock. Laughter!

From everyone. Byrdie included.

Arm moving, lips turned up, eyes sparkling.

A happy, healthy Byrd and one VERY relieved husband.

1 comment:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Oh what a scare! Glad everyone is OK!