Monday, July 11, 2011

Gypsy Ginger

makes me happy.


After Cash's incident 2 weeks ago when I found her on the floor and unable to get up right away she has since gotten back to her normal-ish self and then back to not-so-great.

I say normal-ish because she is a 10 year old dog suffering through the heat of summer and I'm not going to imagine that that's not hard on her whether she is sick or not.

Saturday she seemed sick. Really sick. Lying around, eyes opened, no sleeping, really shallow breathing. I thought she was going to die that night. There were a lot of tears.

Tests have been done and more are scheduled.

It doesn't sound like we are to expect great news.

The emotions are over whelming and I can't remember the last time I felt anxiety like this.

We brought her to softball yesterday like we always used to and I snapped this photo of the three of us. She's such a good girl.

3 comments:

MrsSutho said...

Thinking of you guys and your "first child" Hope she's ok. Be strong guys!!! Clare x

Anonymous said...

So sorry and hugs all around. One of my favorite sayings about the bittersweetness of being a pet steward is "The worst thing about pets is, ideally we outlive them."

Barbara said...

My heart goes out to you. One thing I've learned is dogs are so tuned into your emotions so stay strong!