Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rare Steaks

make me happy.


We barbecued and ate out back tonight.


Sandy actually did the grilling and the rest of us just sat there with cozy blankets wrapped around our laps as that's the kind of season we're embarking on up here in Toronto. But you've got to stretch the patio season as long as possible, right?


So Sandy grills, we sit. Steaks arrive, some get sent back. Sandy blames the lack of light, twice. Reminds me that he broke one of my favourite lamps the other night when he took a pair of pliers to it when he couldn't get the switch to turn off. It's off now... for good.

It all makes me smile.


My Morning Jacket played and I thought, 'I can't believe it's been eight years since we stood in this backyard as Kelly and Sandy exchanged their wedding vows.'

Laughing and smiling more then ever, someone choose wisely.

No comments: