Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

makes me happy.


Get your mind out of the gutter, this is not an image of me recuperating from New Year's Eve - remember I am 5 and a 1/2 months pregnant meaning I was in bed at 10:30pm on Saturday night.

And no, this is not a result of the pregnancy. Lucky that feeling went away at the 3 month mark.

No, this is an an image of me as I was all last night, riding the Porcelain Express, while my body tried to expel every last bit (over & over & over again) hoping to rid it's self of some stomach virus that has now been haunting these hallowed walls!

Good bye never ending cold! Hello brutally uncomfortable stomach virus!

She entered our home sometime right around Christmas as boxing day saw little Edison heaving her guts out. We thought it was possible food poisoning until Evan and Kelly and Sandy all started last Wednesday.

Needless to say I've been a little concerned about if, or when, my turn was going to come. I was even relegating myself to bowls of rice at night in hopes of easing the pain should the virus hit.

And nothing.

And just when I thought my super strong immune system and positive attitude had me in the clear I made nachos for dinner.

Nachos people! Sharp, crunchy tortilla chips with spicy chicken and salsa. Yeah that wasn't painful at all.

And every time I ran back to the toilet there sat Diego with his silly little 'ha, ha! you ate nachos' grin starring back at me. Man, his was close to getting smacked up side the head!

But truly, I'm all good. I've stopped puking and Kevyn has taken care of the Byrd all day so I can rest.

Oh the Byrd...


such a sweet, concerned soul. Every time she asks me if I'm feeling better I say yes because I know it breaks her hear to hear 'no.'

Now let's just hope she's got that rock solid immune system I thought I had and hope this thing passes her by because... it's 2012! And going to be a very special year! And I'm pretty sure daddy is tired of cleaning out the toilet of other people's nacho remains!

3 comments:

Fit With Flash said...

ugh. a friend of mine had the same thing... hope you're feeling better... : )
happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Feel better stacy! My thoughts are with you!

Jennifer

the maiden metallurgist said...

Oh man! Sorry you were sick, looks like you ahd a pretty good nurse! Happy New Year, hope you are feeling better!