Monday, June 18, 2012

My Gratitude For Dad

makes me happy.


You may or may not know, I'm so-so on the Hallmark Holidays.

Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day... while it's fun to have a day to celebrate love, moms, dads, I'd like to think I celebrate those things daily and don't need one specific day to appreciate them.

But if I am going to talk about dads today I'd like to say this - I grew up watching a father treat his wife and daughters with complete respect.  There are a million other wonderful things he's done and ways he's made me smile over the course of my life, but I know that single action played a huge role in how my future life was shaped.

\

There was never a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't find myself a partner who would treat me with the same respect.  It would be next to impossible to not, it was just the way I was raised.

And I did.

And he's doing the same thing for his daughters.

And that's super cool.



No comments: