Monday, July 23, 2012

Getting Pulled From The Crack

makes me happy.



Last night Byrdie was playing with her toy figurines quietly in her room before bed when she called me in a bit of a panic because she couldn't find the mommy one.

Not a problem as I'm now an expert at finding any one specific toy at any given moment in time, like any parent of a two year surely is.

Instantly my spidey senses tell me to pull  back the covers and look between the mattress and bed frame.

Like magic... there she is!

Byrdie is delighted, resumes her imaginary game, and immediately includes the mommy back in the mix.




"Oh sweetie," she has the mommy figurine say to the Byrdie figurine, "I missed you so much - I was just lost in the crack."

The Byrdie doll seemed to totally empathize with the mommy doll as I'm sure she too has been lost in the crack before.

Haven't we all?  And isn't it great when someone lends a hand to pull us out?

No comments: