Friday, July 13, 2012

Restraining My Inner Jessup

makes me happy.

Our garden has been growing like crazy and we've been enjoying garden fresh lettuce and swiss chard off the hook over here.

So much so, that when I went to go pick some romaine for dinner the other day it was all gone.

As I was already committed to salad for dinner - dressing was mixed, other veggies were chopped - I packed Stevie in the car and popped out, on one of the hottest afternoons thus far, to  pick some up from the grocery store.

Upon our sweaty return Kev looks at me dumbfounded and asks, "Don't we grow this kind of lettuce in the garden?"

Many, many things went through my mind, like...

Duh!  You've only eaten it like 10 times this week!

and,


Wow!  I wish you would have told me earlier so I didn't have to go and Melt. Our. Daughter. picking up this lettuce.

but mostly, I wanted to sternly declare something like...

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and feasts upon the very delicious salads I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them!  I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way.  Otherwise I suggest you you pick up a knife, and start chopping.

Instead I just said...

"Yup."

2 comments:

beans said...

like! hahahah!

SueS said...

LOL - I love you :)