Thursday, August 30, 2012

Having The Best of Opportunities

makes me happy.


This past Sunday marked the end of our softball season.


I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that we got eliminated in the quarter finals.


Our team had just been SO awesome all year long; strong bats, big arms, huge catches in the outfield, accurate plays on the infield, alas it was not meant to be on Sunday.


And you know what?  I felt a little heartbroken.


Not just because we didn't win the championship, truth be told, I was actually super stoked for Weston's, the team that did win.  They are a very friendly team with awesome players who managed to put together their best games on Sunday; which is exactly what you need to do to win it all.


I was simply sad it was over... and maybe a little disappointed in my own game, but really more sad that the season had come to an end, and that I won't be seeing all these dudes on a regular basis anymore, and that the summer is almost over.


I know!  Silly to be so emotional about things that are actually really good; good league, great friends, beautiful summer.

All things that I should really just be thankful for, and I am, I really, really am.

Perhaps this quote sums it up best...

Do you know what my favourite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.

- Mike Singletary

No comments: