Monday, January 7, 2013

My Test Kitchen Participants

make me happy.


I had pinned this post about how to cook an awesome stovetop steak many months ago, and got around to giving it a go back in early December.


It was a success.


Saturday night we invited over Rob and hoped it wasn't a fluke.

It wasn't.

Although I have slightly modified the recipe in that, I pan fry each side of the steak for 2 minutes before turning off the heat.  I then tent the entire pan with tin foil and leave it sitting on the turned off element for 5 minutes.  Next the pan comes off the heat completely and the steaks rest for another 2 minutes.



Perfectly medium rare.

There was also a hot tub involved on Saturday but, it was at that point that I lost my camera.

Not to worry, I found it the next morning buried deep between the deck stairs.

Weird.


I also made my first attempt at creating the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Not going to lie, I'm not even close.

But it did taste good on a spoon.



No comments: