Thursday, September 26, 2013

Summer Nights Under The Lights

makes me happy.


I think I have yet to mention that Kev and I played on a Monday night softball team this summer.

Not going to lie, it was pretty awesome.

While we knew many of the players already from our Sunday softball league, many we did not, which added an element of vulnerability to the experience. And vulnerability, for me, is one of those exciting and exhilarating emotions that I believe running toward, instead of away from, creates courage and personal growth.

So there was that. The fact that it was a night, under the lights, a guaranteed 'date-night' every week,  amazing people, lots of laughs.

And then there was the actual playing ball!  Which I LOVE.  And want to do forever.

Without a doubt, one of the reasons I eat the way I do and exercise all the time, is not so I can be thin or fashionable, it's so I can play ball for many, many, years to come.

video



1 comment:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

"And vulnerability, for me, is one of those exciting and exhilarating emotions that I believe running toward, instead of away from, creates courage and personal growth."

This is the reason I keep coming back to read your blog after all these years. I don't have a spiritual connection to my life the way you do to yours, and I find it inspirational.