Thursday, January 9, 2014

Those First Few After-Nap-Minutes

make me happy.


It's January, we've got a beach vacation coming up, and as always, I'm trying to live each and every one of my remaining days here on planet earth with quality.

All signs pointing to... I've been hitting our morning workouts HARD.

Kettle bells and yoga.  Push ups and skipping,  Squats and planks.  Anything that keeps the ol' bod strong and limber, and gets the blood flowing and the heart pumping.

And while I'm not opposed to looking good in a bikini or stepping on a scale every now and then, I personally rate the success of my lifestyle choices and workouts more on the way I feel, rather then by the number of heads I turn on the beach or the digits that shows up when I stand on an instrument used to measure mass.

Truly, if I did what I do for the sake of vanity, I would have long since thrown in the proverbial towel.

It was many years ago when I learned that nothing, and I mean nothing, is more attractive to friends and lovers alike then... a smile.

No comments: